Thursday 4 June 2015

First Impressions: Clinique Pop Lip Colour and Primer






Packaging: Honestly, I am not blown away by the packaging of the Clinique Pop Lip Colour and Primer. It doesn't have a click on closing, and it's unusually short. The silver lid is already getting covered in fingerprints and I have owned it for less than a week! And if anything, I think it looks a little cheap. However, the coloured end would make it easier to find if you owned more than one, which for many people would be beneficial, and it is perfect handbag size. So there are pros and cons, it is definitely no Charlotte Tilbury - but at 2/3's of the price I think I am just being picky.

Colour: Love Pop is a gorgeous raspberry with a golden sheen. It doesn't show up on camera as pigmented as it is in person, but you can really build it up into an opaque, bold colour, even though it is semi-sheer on first application. With this shade I can understand why people think it make be considered 'frosty', however I think the golden flecks look quite subtle on the lips, leaving a shine much like Chanel's Rouge Coco in Legende (rambled about here). It is one of the most shimmery colours of the range, so there are plenty of options if you are not keen on shimmer.

Formula: Personally, I don't think it quite lives up to it's claims 'colour that stays true and keeps lips comfortably moisturised for 8 hours'. The colour glides on effortlessly and I do find it to be very smoothing. However, my lips do not feel moisturised wearing it. The sheen hides any dry patches and the lipstick does not cling, but they do feel drier after wearing it.

Verdict: I don't think it is much different to any other normal lipstick really, and there is certainly nothing unique or luxurious about it. However, there is a lovely colour range for my taste, it is reasonably priced (£16) and it is pleasant lipstick to use.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beaut Honesty. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig