Thursday 18 June 2015

Five Product Face

Inspired by a recent video by Lily Pebbles and Victoria from In The Frow (which if you haven't seen it yet you must check it out here) I have been thinking about what my five product face would be. This is a look I have been wearing to death recently, it's quick and easy but makes me look more awake than a bare face!


Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla (£22)
This is just my favourite concealer ever. It covers dark circles and blemishes without drying out my dehydrated skin. Especially in the summer months I don't really wear much foundation and this concealer hides enough that I don't feel I need to wear any other base. I like to blend this in with the Real Techniques Setting Brush for an even finish and sometimes set it with a pressed powder,

I am not really a brow person as I don't like mine, they are far too wonky after a pluck-happy spree as a teenager, so I try not to draw too much attention to them. I brush them through with the spoolie and fill in a little with the pencil. If I have more time I used Faint from my Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette, but I would be wearing more makeup than this, so on a 5 product day I stick to the pencil. However I am looking for recommendations for a better one.

I am a total contouring convert, there is something I really like about giving my round face defined cheekbones. I don't go mad with this product as it is very highly pigmented, but a small amount blended well under my cheekbones and chin really finishes off my makeup look. I apply it with the Zoeva Face Shape 110 which fits perfectly into the hollows of my cheeks, and then I blend it out with the Zoeva Luxa Face Definer 101 (as raved about here in my brush starter kit post).

This is a very different colour for a bronze-eye lover like me but I have really gotten into wearing it on an everyday basis. It is a burnt purpley-reddish shade with a metallic finish which really compliments my green eyes. The formula is long-wearing, easy to apply and easy to blend out, what's not to love! Out of five products here this is the one I switch up the most, either to the On and On Bronze Shade of the same shadow, By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Misty Rock or Rimmel Scandal Eyes Eyeshadow Paint in Rich Russet depending on how I am feeling. But at the moment Metallic Pomegranate is my favourite.

This has turned into a very Maybelline based face! But I just love this mascara, it isn't even waterproof but I had a full on cry wearing it yesterday and it didn't smudge at all! I am very impressed, Given every other mascara has smudges throughout the day on me I really like that I don;t have to worry with this one, which is more important to me than extra length and volume - although this is still pretty good at that too.

What would be on your five product face?


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Love the Pomegranate color tattoo!! Great shade! I'd probably have to go for brows, mascara, concealer, blush, and lip balm for my 5 products! :)

    She Likes to Shop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a beautiful colour! Lip balm would definitely be my number 6! xx

      Delete

© Beaut Honesty. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig