Tuesday 30 June 2015

Top Three: Highlighters




When it comes to summer I am all about highlighting; giving my face a lovely glow and dimension without going too heavy on the contour. Don't get me wrong, I love a good contour all year round, but summertime is definitely when you can go all out with a highlighter. These are my favourite picks at the moment.



MAC Soft And Gentle Mineralize Skinfinsh (£23):

This gorgeous peachy golden powder is really finely milled and looks stunning on cheekbones. It is probably the most 'glittery' of the three, however when blended well it looks more metallic and glowy. I love the packaging as you can see the shade through a window on the front, and although glitter gets everywhere (as you can see from the above photo) the magnetic closure stops it from making a mess in makeup bags. Overall I think this is a lovely product if you are used to wearing highlighter, however it is probably a little bit too metallic for a beginner and I would recommend the two below more.


Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder in Candlelight (£35):

This is the priciest of the bunch, especially for such a small amount of product (3.1g, MAC is 10g and The Balm 8.5g) but it is so worth it! It is a lovely golden champagne colour which leaves the skin looking radiant . It is definitely much more subtle than the MAC offering so can be easily worn on a day-to-day basis. I like to apply all these highlighters with the Zoeva Luxe Hightlight 105 (as pictured above) but the Real Techniques Setting Brush and Contour Brush work just a well if you prefer a denser brush.  


The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer (£17.50):

This is my favourite of the three, which is handy given the price, as it leaves the skin with an I-have-been-out-in-the-sun-and-look-glowy-but-not-at-all-sweaty radiance. It is a golden champagne shade, much like the Kevyn Aucoin one, however it is marginally more golden which makes the skin look lovely and sun-kissed. I would recommend this highlighter to anyone and everyone as it is a dream to blend and looks very natural on the skin.

What are your favourites?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beaut Honesty. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig