Tuesday 28 July 2015

Sweat Proof Makeup


Given the weather is meant rapidly heat back up this August (do I believe that? Probably not, but bare with) I thought I would compile some of my favourite products for creating a sweat proof face. Obviously no/minimal makeup is always acceptable and heat-resistant, but this is my go-too look for full-face worthy events in the summer.



Base

When it comes to creating a sweat proof base a primer is definitely the way to go. I am currently using the Urban Decay Brightening & Tightening Complexion Primer Potion which leaves the skin feeling so soft and smooth and it makes my foundation last much longer throughout the day, especially in the areas that are always first to melt off. As much as I would recommend this primer, I am sure there are cheaper alternatives that will do that same job.

I then go in with my Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in Porcelain and the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla. The foundation evens out my skin-tone whilst still leaving a dewy finish and then I pop a little of the concealer under my eyes and on any redness or blemishes that the foundation didn't cover. These are a reasonably long-lasting duo on there own, but finished with the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray they will last all day long. The spray is a prefect way to set makeup so it lasts and lasts without weighing the skin down with a powder. Any long-lasting bronzer/highlighter/blush can be added before the setting spray to vary the look.


Eyes

Nothing lasts longer on my eyes than the Nars And God Created The Woman Palette on top of the Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. I find that this duo stays in place all day can be used to create various looks. My current favourite is Alhambra 2 (bottom left) in the inner corner, Kalahari 1 (top middle) all over the lid and Coconut Grove (bottom right) in the outer v of the eye and in the crease. This creates a shimmery, golden eye which is perfect for summer days or can be oomphed-up with black liner for the evening.

My all time favourite (and probably never to be replaced) liner is the L'Oreal Super Liner Perfect Slim. When it's on it doesn't budge and will last all day and night, but it can be easily removed with an oil based eye-makeup remover. For an eyeliner novice like me, the tiny nib and slightly flexible felt-tip style applicator makes it the easiest liner I have ever used. To complete the look I add a couple of coats of my favourite Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara as it is the only one I have tried that isn't too clumpy and doesn't smudge in a few hours, making it perfect for the hot weather.


Lips

There are a few options I like to incorporate for a stay-all-day face. The first is just lip balm, with my favourite being Dr Lipp's Original Nipple Balm For Lips (see full review here). If you don't want to have to worry about reapplying this is the best way to go, no hassle. For a colour that I know will last for hours I like use the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils. Dolce Vita (pictured above) is a perfect my lips but better shade and I love Cruella for a true red lip. These pencils have amazing lasting power, and while they are slightly drying, on a hot day they just don't budge.

My final option is using the Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk as a base for any lipstick. This definitely increases the wear-time of the lipstick, although depending on the formula touchups might be needed throughout the day.

What are your favourites for a sweat-proof full face?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I'm desperate to try that Charlotte Tilbury liner and I adore the Urban Decay setting sprays!

    lillies and lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good, it makes lipsticks last so much longer! Me too! I really want to try the Chill version xx

      Delete

© Beaut Honesty. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig