Sunday 16 August 2015

Topshop Beauty First Impressions

Surprisingly enough I have never ventured into the world of Topshop Beauty, mainly because it's not really a shop I like or go into very often (and after the appalling service I received I remembered why). But after reading some serious rave reviews I thought it was about time to give it a go, so here are my first impressions of the couple of bits I picked up.




First up is this gorgeous lipstick in Lovestruck. It's a rich pink shade, probably the darkest I own without being slightly berry or plum toned, which would look stunning with any makeup look. But the best thing about this by far is the formula. It is so creamy and buttery, it feels more like a lip balm than a lipstick, but still gives a fully opaque colour. It has a glossy finish, which I really like for shades like this, but can be dabbed down and blended in to create a stunning my-lips-but-better stain. The main downside of the creamy formula is that it transfers so easily, so probably won't last for hours on the lips, but it wears comfortably so I'm happy just reapplying.

The other item I picked up (small haul I know) is the Nude Eyes cream eyeshadow in Bare, which is a metallic taupe with silver shimmer running through it (it doesn't look as golden in person as it looks in the picture). It has a very creamy almost mousse-y texture, unlike the gel-like formula of the Maybelline Colour Tatoos, but it sets fast and doesn't budge. Personally, when blended in with my fingers the colour payoff is a little too sheer for my liking, but would be perfect for no makeup makeup days. However, when patted on with a flat shadow brush, and blended quickly with the Zoeva 227, the pigmentation is better and it looks stunning. I am seriously impressed with how quickly these set, and it looks like they will stick around for ages,

I am so glad I finally picked a couple of bits up and will definitely be going back for more, what do you recommend I try next?

SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I really love the Topshop makeup range I just need to try more of it haha. Lovestruck looks like a gorgeous shade and the formula sounds amazing :) I love their cream blushers and would recommend those :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I definitely will after this! I love a cream blush, I'll have to try them out next, thanks! xx

      Delete
  2. I remember picking up a couple of eyeshadows when they first started doing makeup and being impressed. I might have to make a return visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it been over 5 years since they started! They did have some really lovely bits, it's worth checking out! xx

      Delete
  3. I really love Topshop's make up! The quality is great and it's so affordable. Love the look of lovestruck! I'd recommend trying their Glow in Polished I am obsessed with it!

    Danielle | Simplicity Rose x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so surprised at how great the quality is! I'll check it out next time I am in Topshop, thanks! xx

      Delete

© Beaut Honesty. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig