Sunday 2 August 2015

19th Birthday Haul

It was my birthday this month, which was so so lovely. I got to spend lots of time with friends and family and just have a nice rest. In fact as this goes live I will be spending the weekend with my Godparents, who do the best BBQ's in the world, eating myself silly and having a good catch up, I can't wait! So I thought I would do a quick run through of the beauty and photography bits I got for my birthday as these are some of my favourite posts to read.



Starting with a couple of camera bits, my dad very kindly got me a GorillaPod Hybrid Tripod and a shutter release remote for my Canon 600D. The tripod is so weird and amazing at the same time, and will help for close up shots as it is much smaller than the one I am currently using. It will also be useful for photos on uneven terrain, as the legs are flexible it can stand almost anywhere, even wrap around a tree! I was taking photos on a 2 second timer so the shake of my hand didn't affect the photo, so the remote will make this much easier. These bits also came with a lovely note to promise that we will go out for day to take photographs wherever I would like, which is so sweet. One of the best things that has come from starting this blog has been that asking for photography advice from my dad (he is an incredible photographer) has brought us much closer together. My family don't know the name of this blog, so cannot read it thankfully, but they know of it and I am so glad I had the guts to tell them. Anyway I digress, let's get back to the beauty bits,

I got lots of money and vouchers from wider family members to get the makeup bits I wanted. So I picked up the final Bobbi Brown eyeshadow to finish my 6-pan palette, it looks so beautiful I might have to post a quick tour round it soon. I chose Heather Mauve which is a gorgeous mauvey almost silvery taupe Shimmer Wash shade which goes so nicely with the other shade in the palette. I have yet to use I but will report back. I was very lucky and also got vouchers to purchase Urban Decay Naked Smoky and Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar palettes. Both caught my eye as soon as they were announced and I can't wait to get my hands on them!

I got some lovely bits from family friends, including this hair accessories wrap which I think it is just such a lovely idea. This one is from Percy & Reed and it contains grips, hair bands, clear bands and an interesting looking pin for easy updos. The wrap it is in is so useful and I think I am going to fill it with hair bits, tablets and other things that would be useful to carry around in my day-to-day handbag.

My mum very kindly got me and a couple of friends a spa trip, which was incredible. We went the day before my birthday and spent the evening relaxing in the outdoor hot-tubs under the stars, I couldn't have asked for a better birthday-eve (is that's even a thing). The friends I visited with got me some vouchers for the spa which I decided to spend there and then. I bought a lovely dark purple nail varnish which I forgot to picture above, and the Decleor Aroma Cleanse. I have been using this cleanser for less than a week now but it is seriously amazing as it leaves my skin feeling so incredibly soft. I have always trusted Decleor for facials and I now want to own all the products for at home as well! Once I have given it a more thorough testing I will be posting a review.

Wow that was a longer post than I was expecting, but I am so grateful for all the presents and cards I received and for all the people who celebrated it with me. I also popped into Mac for a makeover and a spot of shopping on my birthday, so a haul will be on the blog on Tuesday, see you then!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Aw happy belated birthday hun :) It looks like you got some lovely bits and I love the sound of the Percy and Reed set - very useful :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was very lucky and had a lovely day! xx

      Delete

© Beaut Honesty. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig