Tuesday 4 August 2015

Mini MAC Haul

For Christmas I got a voucher for a 90 minute Mac makeover and I finally got round to booking it 7 months later. Honestly, I was a little nervous after seeing a few people's bad experiences, but I have never had a problem at my local counter so hoped it would be okay. There was nothing to worry about as it was actually so nice; the woman doing my makeup was lovely and most importantly, she really listened to what I wanted and liked so I still looked like me at the end. Overall it was a great experience and one I would totally recommend. At the end I had £50 to spend (the redeemable money from the cost of the makeover) so I thought I would show you the products I picked up,



Burgundy Times Nine Eyeshadow Palette (£30):

I promised myself I wouldn't pick up an eyeshadow palette with the Naked Smoky and Semi Sweet palettes hitting the UK in August, but as soon as I saw this I just couldn't resist. It includes a beautiful selection of shades, with my favourites so far being Honey Lust, Antiqued and Star Violet, in a range of burgundy tones, all of which are unlike anything I already own. The buttery formula is as you would expect from Mac and although they are smaller than single eyeshadows it is still incredible value.

Fluidline Gel Liner in Rich Ground (£16):

Honestly when I bought this I thought it was a paint pot, as the woman doing my makeup used it all over my lid as an eyeshadow base. Had I have realised it was a gel liner I probably would have looked for a paint pot in a similar colour as you get more product for your money and I will rarely be using this as a liner. However, the colour is an absolutely stunning reddish brown which works perfectly under the eyeshadows in the above palette, and it even looks amazing worn alone too,

Cream Colour Base in Pearl (£16):

This is such a lovely yellow-toned cream highlighter which when blended in with fingers looks incredibly natural on the skin. It isn't glittery, and doesn't even look shimmery on the skin, but it gives such a lovely glow so is perfect for summer days.

PatentPolish Lip Pencil in Ruby (£17.50):

This is a gorgeous deep berry red shade in an easy-to-use wind up pencil. It gives a shiny but not sticky finish, and when it wears off it leaves a lovely stain. I have not used it for long enough to talk about longevity, but it is moisturising and comfortable to wear on the lips.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beaut Honesty. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig