Sunday 13 September 2015

The Review: Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue

Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue

It took me aaagggeessss to finally cave and buy the bareMinerals Complexion Rescue (£26), despit the shear amount of rave reviews this product was getting I still wasn't convinced. Maybe it was the fact I had never tried anything from the brand before and always subconsciously linked them with the type of powder foundation that disagrees with my skin. Or maybe it was just that I really didn't need another base. But I finally succumbed and I am so so glad I did, this has definitely knocked the Bobbi Brown BB Cream off it's top spot for lightweight bases.


It is described as a 'tinted hydrating gel cream', and I kind of feel that. Tinted, in a way that when blended in with fingers it creates a sheer tint of colour rather than full coverage (but more on that later). Hydrating so much that it doesn't cling to dry patches, but I haven't noticed an improvement on my skins hydration levels as a whole. It's the gel cream bit which is more confusing, as they are fundamentally different things. However it is extremely lightweight, you can't feel in on your skin, and gives a good level of glow like a gel as well as generally looking and feeling like a cream. These claims may seem a little far-fetched, but the product certainly lives up to the hype.

By varying the application you can easily build up the coverage to suit your needs. At the moment I am loving very sheer, glow giving bases, so when used with my fingers (something I used to despise) it creates the perfect base. Although I find the application to be messier than I would like, the finish it gives is so lovely and dewy it's definitely worth it. Saying this, it can also be applied with a foundation brush to give a more medium coverage, but personally I prefer my bases lighter than that. The beauty of the product is that, apart from a full coverage matte foundation, it can be built into whatever you'd like it to be.

With 10 shades, seemingly aimed mainly at lighter skin tones, I use shade 1 Opal, and although slightly cooler than I would usually use, it blends well and is fairly undetectable on the skin. I would really recommend this to anyone looking for a light-medium coverage base that doesn't cling to dry patches and gives the skin a natural radiance.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I can see it being just a matter of time before I also cave and buy this after hearing so many good reviews. I love that this is a gel formula and that the coverage is buildable, giving a natural radiance :) Fab review hun :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had got mine sooner, it's basically all I wear now base-wise! Thank you! xx

      Delete
  2. This looks like a great product! I use full coverage foundation everyday but have realised that it isn't great for my skin and I don't need full coverage for everyday wear, will be checking this out! :)

    Tayla | Daisychains16

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a lovely product! My skin has been so much better since switching to a lighter foundation, I would definitely recommend this one! xx

      Delete

© Beaut Honesty. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig