Tuesday 15 September 2015

The Review: John Frieda Air-Dry Waves

John Frieda Frizz Ease Air Dry Waves

Although I have a pretty hefty hair product collection, I am a leave to air-dry and throw up in a bun kind of girl, so the John Frieda Air-Dry Waves seemed like the perfect one to give me a salon level blowdry with minimal effort and cost. But is it too good to be true? 


It is a 'lightweight' foam which, when spread through wet hair, claims to create 'soft, touchable, non-sticky waves'. It's definitely lightweight compared to the old-school mousses so it doesn't leave my hair feeling sticky and greasy, although oddly it does make my light-brunette hair a few shades darker (not permanently though I must add). 

But onto the important bit, does it actually create no-effort waves? Sort of. Now I know that isn't overly helpful for a review, but I'll explain why. I wash my hair at night usually, and when I have used Air-Dry Waves in the evening I wake up with much more voluminous hair. Almost as if individual sections have been loosely curled. But within a couple of hours they had dropped out and it was much more 'textured' than wavy. Bear in mind even curls made with tongs drop out pretty quickly in my hair. It does have some effect on my hair, definitely, but I can't leave my hair down for long before it just looks tangled and flat so it gets thrown back into a bun.

For me Air-Dry Waves definitely isn't the revolutionary product I expected it to be. But I don't regret buying it as it does add great texture to my hair and makes just washed hair sit better in a bun. Want a salon blowdry, go to a salon I'm afraid. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beaut Honesty. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig