Tuesday 29 September 2015

September Favourites

Where on earth has September gone?! I know everyone says this every month, but wow, that one has just flown by. Honestly, this has been a really hard favourites to write, as I have settled into a good skincare routine and haven't overly experimented with my makeup. But here are a few things I have been loving throughout the month of September.

Favourite Makeup, Skincare and App of the month

First up is the The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 01 because it may be Autumn but I am not ready to give up the summer glow/not-quite-a-tan-but-an-extra-bit-of-colour just yet. It comes in 5 or 6 shades, so it doesn't look too dark on my pale skin, and there will be one to suit everybody. The powder itself is finely milled and buttery and an all round good product. I use it with the Real Techniques Blush Brush as it is tapered enough to apply product into the hollows of my cheeks, but large and fluffy enough to really blend the bronzer well. I would definitely recommend this one if you struggle to find a bronzer that suits your skin tone.

A long-term favourite of mine is the Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara, which pops up in almost every makeup look (apologies if you are a regular reader and that gets monotonous). However, this month I tried a new one and absolutely hated it, I won't name names as I am hoping it'll improve once it's dried out, which reminded me just how amazing this mascara is. It is described as a 'gel mousse mascara' which basically means it doesn't harden and flake off your lashes, so it is really comfortable to wear. It is also still the only mascara that doesn't run down my face during the day and can provide a natural finish or be built up into some serious volume without going clumpy. I have just bought 3 more as backups as I really couldn't imagine using anything else.

Continuing with the Body Shop theme, another firm September favourite has been the Honey & Oat 3-in-1 Scrub Mask. I find that this is perfect for when my skin is feeling 'off' but I can't pinpoint why. Around this time of year my skin is usually manageable hydration-wise, and doesn't need regular clay or charcoal masks, but it still needs some extra oomph. That's when the Honey & Oat mask steps in. It polishes and moisturises, leaving my skin feeling fresh, resurfaced and ever so soft, and for only £10, what's not to love. 

Finally, a bit of a different favourite for me, an app. For the past eight weeks I have started on a healthier diet and exercise regime, with the aim of toning up and losing weight, and I have found the My Fitness Pal app really useful. It is effectively a calorie counter, which helps to control portion sizes and highlight nutritional areas to keep an eye on. It's definitely not a quick fix, fad diet, but it is definitely me to loose weight in a controlled manor, which should help it to stay off.

What have been your favourites this last month?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beaut Honesty. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig