Thursday 8 October 2015

If I could only pick one...

I've been asked 'if you could only choose one' by friends quite a lot recently, so I thought I would collate a list of scenarios and see if I could chose just one. And honestly, it has been so difficult.

Top Picks For Makeup and Brushes

Foundation:
This was a tough one for me as although I am completely in love with the bareMinerals Complexion Rescue, it's not a versatile base. It is sheer-light coverage, which I love at the moment, but if I could only choose one I would want something more versatile, so I have chosen the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation. It's lovely and lightweight, but can be built up to a medium coverage if desired. And most importantly for me, it comes in a wide range of colours and porcelain matches my skin perfectly.

Concealer:
The Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer takes the prize for this one every time, something which I am sure will come as no surprise to anyone who has read BH before. It's high coverage without being overly cakey and it is the only thing that makes a difference to the darkness under my eyes.

Highlighter:
I am a serious highlighter addict, and I honestly couldn't imagine not being able to switch it up. That being said, there was no hesitation in picking a favourite. The Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candlelight is possibly the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. It's a gorgeous pale champagne shade which really suits my fair skin. And being shimmery and glistening rather than glittery means its perfect for day or night.

Eyeshadow Palette:
This was a horrible decision to make, like choosing between children. I have more neutral palettes than is ever necessary, but I love them all individually. After whittling it down to three, the Urban Decay Naked2 and the Too Faced Chocolate Bar and Semi-Sweet Palettes (I still can't chose a favourite between them) I eventually chose based on emotional sentiment. The Naked2 was the first ever 'high-end' palette I owned, and as a birthday present from my dad, it has a special place in my heart. Also, it contains seriously good quality eyeshadows which range from gold to silver to a stunning pair of pink and purple shades, so it can create some really versatile looks.


Mascara:

This was another no brainer for me, the Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara is the only one I will use. It doesn't smudge, doesn't clump and can create anything from natural lashes to serious volume. There isn't another mascara I would need.


Lipstick:

If I had to pick a lipstick brand to stick with, it would be MAC all the way. Not because I own loads of them, but there is just such a variety of colours and finishes there's no competition. However, if it could only be one, I think I would chose the Bobbi Brown Lip Colour in Roseberry (which was possibly the greatest Secret Santa gift ever!). It is a beautiful almost muted raspberry, rosy shade which can be sheered out to a my-lips-but-better colour, or built up into a pretty bold but neutral lip. It is semi-matte in finish, but can be blotted to create a fully matte look or worn over a balm for a satin finish. Being this versatile makes it the perfect one-and-only lipstick.


Makeup Brush Brand:

I think I would have to chose Zoeva for this one, they make good quality brushes which wash well and are on the cheaper end of the scale. The Silk Finish brush is my favourite for foundation, I use the Luxe Highlight everyday for highlighter and I couldn't imagine doing my contour with the Face Shape and Luxe Face Definer, plus the range of eyeshadow brushes is incredible. I would really miss the Real Techniques Setting Brush for concealer, but that (and bronzer) aside all of my favourite brushes for each step are from Zoeva, so it's got to be them.

I would love to hear your answers for these categories, it is surprisingly difficult! 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beaut Honesty. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig