Sunday 25 October 2015

Seasonal Skincare Switchup

During the summer I settled into a pretty consistent skincare routine and my skin seemed fairly normal. As soon as the cold weather hits, which has come out of nowhere this past week, my skin gets dry and tight and becomes a general nuisance. Here's a few things I like to switch up to keep my skin happy during the season change.
Autumnal Skincare For Dry Skin
As much as I like balmy cleansers normally, when the cold weather comes they are basically all I use to cleanse my skin, as they are so nourishing and never leave my skin feeling stripped. I love the Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Butter and Sarah Chapman's Ultimate Cleanse. Both hydrate my skin and provide a clean fresh base ready for the next layers of my routine.

I am all about hydrating masks, overnight masks, and anything that claims to pump moisture back into my skin. The Origins Drink-up Intensive and GlamGlow ThirstyMud are both brilliant masks, but the No7 Beautiful Skin Hydration Mask does an amazing job of banishing dry patches and making my skin feel incredibly smooth. For only £12.50, it really can't be beaten. It says to leave on for 3-10 minutes, but for an intense hit I like to use it overnight, and I always wake up with really nourished skin.

On night's I am not using an overnight mask, my skin loves oils and it absolutely drinks up this Body Shop Vitamin E Serum-in-Oil. With a seemingly 'thick' texture, this oil sinks in like a dream and makes my skin so soft. Although this, and the other products, are ones I use all year round, when it comes to the Autumn I like to increase the frequency of seriously hydrating products and really layer them onto my skin (not too thickly mind).

In the morning my moisturiser of choice is usually Origins Ginzing, but at this time of year Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream is my ultimate favourite. Not only does it hydrate and nourish, but it really creates a barrier and protects the skin from the cold weather, without disturbing makeup.

What are your skincare tips for dealing with the season change?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beaut Honesty. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig