Tuesday 1 December 2015

Luxe Beauty Gift Guide: Over £35

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, meaning it's beauty gift guide season! Advent is here so it's less than 4 weeks until the big day, and I am surprisingly organised. We are giving all our wider family gifts out this weekend, as it's the last time we'll see some of them before Christmas, so everything is bought, wrapped and ready to go. Because of this I have been in present shopping mode for quite so time so, big congrats to me for holding out and not posting this at the beginning of November, but I thought that was a little excessive. Anyway, less rambling and lets get into the over £35 gift guide for her. 
Luxury Beauty Gift Guide

When it comes to getting a beauty lover a gift, you really can't go wrong with brushes as you can never have too many. My favourite set of the bunch (and firmly on my Chrsitmas wishlist this year) is the Zoeva Rose Golden Complete Eye Set (£55). Containing 12 eye brushes this set is everything you would need for any eyeshadow look, and the rose gold is just too beautiful. Perfect for eyeshadow newbies and makeup addicts alike, a set of good quality brushes will always be a much appreciated gift. They also do some other great collection like the En Taupe Set (£42), Classic Brush Set (£60), Bon Voyage Set (£35) and Luxe Complete Set (£115) to suit any budget. For a slightly more personal touch, you can create a brush set of individual brushes which you know the recipient will love. I think Real Techniques would be great for these as they are affordable, yet such good quality. Topped off with a brush holder or mug (check out Urban Outfitters for some hilarious ones, or Cath Kidston for some pretty ones) and you have a personal gift any beauty lover will adore.

I think skincare makes a lovely gift, especially something really luxurious that they might not usually buy for themselves. As always I think making up a little hamper of personal recommendations makes a great present, but there has also been a couple of amazing gift sets this year. My personal favourite has to be the Kiehl's Skincare Gift Set (£44.50). Not only is Kiehl's a great brand which will work with most skin types, but you get some of their best products in decent sizes. It contains a full size Midnight Recovery Concentrate, which is so soothing on the skin and last for ages. This usually costs £36, so you are effectively getting a 75ml Ultra Facial Cleanser, 30ml Ultra Facial Moisturiser and 4ml Daily Reviving Concentrate sample for £8.50. Bargain right. These are universal products and you'll struggle to find anyone that wouldn't love this set. Another good one is the Caudalie Instant Radiance Set (£45) which contains a 30ml Vinoperfect Serum and 30ml Beauty Elixir. With a saving of £11, this set isn't the best when it comes to value for money, but it's a great kit which will be loved by people with any skin type.

Personally I am not a great fan of bath and body gifts, as I can't use anything that foams on skin, however, as this is not the case for most people, some luxe shower gel can be a wonderful present. I gave the Molton Brown Stocking Fillers Collection (£39) to my Mum for Christmas a couple of years ago and it was really well received, You get 12 50ml bottles, which actually last a really long time, and you have the opportunity to try out loads of the best-selling scents. I think gifts like this are lovely if you know someone who struggles sleeping or waking up as it makes every morning just a little more luxurious and will make them smile over and over.

Now it wouldn't be a beauty gift guide without talking about makeup, but as I have picked out quite a few I'll rattle through them as quick as I can.

First up is the one I have already caved and picked up for myself, the Laura Mercier Matte To Metal Caviar Stick Eye Colour Collection (£39). This year has seen the huge explosion of cream eyeshadow sticks and I am well on board. They are so easy and quick to apply and most I've tried last for ages on the lids! This set contains 6 stunning neutral colours in 1g sticks (as a point of reference, Kiko and By Terry are both 1.64g) so you are getting a fair amount of a high end product for your money, and get to try out a range of colours, I think all makeup wearers would appreciate a set like this. Sticking with the eye theme, you really can't go wrong with a neutral palette. My top picks this year are the Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Palettes (£38) and Bobbi Brown The Secret To Stand Out Eyes (£69). Pictured is the Golden Goddess Palette, but all of the Charlotte Tilbury offerings are stunning and make a beautiful luxe gift. The Bobbi Brown set on the other hand is offering a lot more for your money, as not only does it contain a 12 shade palette, but also a full size gel liner, full size mascara and a mini fine liner brush; everything you'd need to create a perfect smokey eye. And being Bobbi Brown you know the quality will be exceptional.

Soap and Glory always do amazing Christmas gift sets, but the one that really struck me this year is the Soap and Glory Well I'll Be Glammed (£40), containing 8 of their best loved makeup products, a 6 shade eyeshadow palette and a few brushes! This will do a full face and would be the perfect starter kit anyone just getting into makeup. That being said, Soap and Glory makeup is always better than you'd expect, so a makeup addict would love this too.

From great value for lots of makeup to a pricey 3 piece, my final makeup pick is Charlotte Tilbury The Perfect Pink Kiss (£49). After doing a bit of digging, I am not entirely sure that the lip brush pictured is included in the set, but even so, it's an amazing gift. Coming in four different colourways, pink, nude, red and vampy, each containing a K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipstick, Lip Cheat lip liner and a Lip Lustre lip gloss this is a lip look in a box which can be tailored to the style of the recipient. A little pricey, but Charlotte Tilbury is always a safe, yet well loved, bet for Christmas.

My final gift idea is a bit of a cheat as the set itself is less than £25, but you'll have to bear with me. The gift set is the Giorgio Armani Mini Set For Women (£24.99), which although would make a lovely gift on it's own. I think it would be perfect with a gift voucher so the recipient could purchase a full size of their favourite scent from the set. I chose the Armani one as Diamonds and Diamonds Violet are really no-offensive, and I think most people will like them and Si is a stunning slightly more mature scent. You do get 20ml for your money, which isn't too bad for perfume, but as each of the samples are as little as 3ml, their favourite might not last for very long, hence the voucher. Although more expensive than choosing them a perfume outright, I think it makes a lovely experience for the recipient to test and choose their favourite first. *Since writing this I have found that Boots actually do a fragrance sampler kit (£36) which would do the same as the above but with a wider range of perfumes to test out.

I hope this has been of some help, and make you follow me on Bloglovin  or check back on Thursday for the second instalment of my Christmas Beauty Gift Guides. Let me know what you'd like to see under the tree this year!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beaut Honesty. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig